Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: annulment

wow! First thing that comes to my mind is why would you marry him if you're not sure?

I have a friend who had something similar to this, but she found out after they were already married. She could have gotten an annulment, but her attorney, who is also her cousin, said to just get a divorce because it is simpler.

I thought the same thing as "Just me". Is it that you are planning a big wedding and you don't want to delay things you have set in motion if for some reason it is false? The thing is, if you have doubts and you are questioning not only yourself, but the women on this forum as well then I would think you would want to put your wedding on hold for a bit...if he is telling the truth and he truly loves you he will understand you wanted to enter a marriage with love and not doubt. I would have to say go with you gut on this one and if you are not 100% sure why would you enter a marriage having doubts. We get these gut feelings for a reason. I know I do and if this woman is telling you this...Why is she even bringing this up to you if there were not some truth in what she is saying. Not saying she may be lying or not...."But Why?" would be my next question.

Susan

I trust him. This lady has been doing some psychotic things like lying on facebook saying she's with him and he's asleep in our bed. That leads me to believe she's a liar. I have yet to see a sonogram picture, any pregnancy photos or even her in person. Thats why I am going to continue with my plans of getting married. Now IF she is indeed pregnant, and the baby is HIS, then I will take all steps necessary to divorce his ass or seek annulment. I guess I will do some research. I guess I'm the type of person to think waaaaay ahead

Dear TJ, I know how exciting it is to be getting married. It sounds like you are determined to go through with it. Have you and your fiance received any premarriage counseling. Many times your church requires it before they will perform the ceremony. Even if the baby for some reason was his doesn't mean you could not over come the problems that would arise from that being the case. What kind of man is he? Does the OW's story have any truth to it? If so he should admit it so you both can deal with it. I sense you are questioning in your mind her charges. He may be telling you the complete truth about it. Why would she even name him in the first place? You need to prepare yourself for what may come. To start a marriage trying to figure out how to end it is troubling. You deserve much better. You know what is acceptable to you and what isn't. I wish you much happiness and a long life with the one you love. I hope it is all you have dreamed of. But if he did in fact cheat with this women what do you really want to do. Nothing says you can't stay together and deal with it. I'm praying for your happy ending.