Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
violent

When & how long does it take to let go of all the violent's you hold against your stbx...I get so angry I just want to beat the hell out of him...When do you ever stop letting them get to you...Every time I feel safe I blow up with him...It's hard knowing the man you trusted your life with can turn so coldly overnight for sex...I do not believe our husbands left for love but pure lust...Will I ever want another man to touch me after the abuse of my husband...If their ever is a sexual twin for Charlie Sheen it is my husband who has find someone who will do his desires for his pocket book...Stbx has even given up his four kids & grandson for her because they won't respect her enough for him...I just want to let it all go and move on but I have a difficult time excepting he is gone...

Re: violent

I feel the same way sometimes. I know there is a man out there that will treat us the way we should be treated. I dwell a lot on the thing he has done and said since he left, but I also look forward to a better future with my kids and hopefully another man. One day we will all wake up and see how much energy and strength we have been spending on these idi@ts, and we will not like it. Don't see on what he has given up, see what you have gain. I am sure you have gain a lot of strength to keep going everyday. Take care

Dear Dixie, They say losing a marriage is like a death. There are certain stages to grieving. One is anger. This is normal and you need to go through all the stages. Open your heart to letting someone else fill that hole in your heart. You are an amazing women as is evidenced by your posts. It takes time, painful time to recover from the hurt and betrayal. You will come out the other side a better, happier, whole women when it is all over. As has been mentioned so many times on this site it is important to get out there and socialize. Join some groups and start to live for YOURSELF. I wish we had the ability to spare each other from the long painful process of healing but we don't. We are here to support one in other. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers always. I would like to also thank you for all the keen advice you share with all of us.

Dixie, my stbx is just like yours. It's all about lust. I have moments when I feel angry, but as it nears 5 months since he left, it is not very often now. I have somehow let it go. To quote a song I like, I believe it's the power of Christ in me. I was sure I wouldn't even survive without him. I am busy planning my new life without him. Of course it helps that my girls are grown and I don't have to deal with him. We are in final stages of divorce papers so it's lawyers talking not us. I hope that time will let you heal and get over the anger. Until then, vent here, we are all here for you.