Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need Advice, I don't know what to do

I don't know what to do. I love my husband will all of my heart. We have only been married for 10 months but our marriage seems to be heading towards divorce. I have children from a previous relationship and about a week and a half ago there was a fight started between us in front of the kids. I took the kids and left for the night. I came back the next night after work, leaving the kids to stay with a friend until after we had a chance to talk. Things were not great and he left. I figured maybe we just needed to take a short break and talk after we have both had time to cool off. The problem is that I have not seen or heard from him all week. His parents have closed out out checking account and put both vehicles and all assets in their names. I don't want a divorce and I really feel like we can work this out if only we got together and talked but his parents will not let him talk to me. What can I do to save my marriage when his family won't stay out of it?

Re: Need Advice, I don't know what to do

His family wouldn't be involved if HE hadn't involved them. The blame for their involvement needs to lie with him. Document everything. Dates and times are important. Make sure the date he left is documented. This could become important where the assets are concerned. He can't hide assets, and putting them in his parents' name is hiding assets. This will come back to bite him. Write down everything you can think of that you own. Document your attempts to contact him as well.

We don't know the issues in your marriage, but if he refuses to talk to you (and he's a big boy, it is HIS choice, not is parents', although they are enabling this behavior) I don't know what you can do. Has he thrown tantrums before? Does he often blow things out of proportion? Maybe you're seeing a side of this man you hadn't seen before. Is this something you really want? Keep us posted.

Dear Confused, I'm sorry for your pain. I had a issue with my husband two weeks into my marriage. My husband poured a glass of milk over my three years head who was not eating properly at the dinner table. I considered this short of child abuse and took my two babies and left for a week. We were able to finally talk about it and this is what his mom had done to him when he was a child and he didn't think it was wrong. I set strong boundaries when it came to my children. He also had a son which he was raising on his own. It just worked out over the years that I took care of my children and he took care of his. This isn't always the best way but we managed to raise the three and have been married 37 years now. The children are your first responsibility! This is not good for them to be exposed to another failed relationship. I know my husband had a period of adjustment going from one child to three. I think he had second thoughts at first and I didn't blame him. It wasn't easy to blend our families. We had very different upbrings and different parenting styles. If I had it to do over I would have gone to premarriage counseling and taken alot longer to introduce my children into our relationship. I knew my husband one year before we married. I was very fortunate that my ex was outstanding as a father and we co-parented very well. You know your heart better than anyone. The problem is you are not in this alone. You have your children to think of. Being a mom is hard work and it is YOUR responsiblity to protect your children both physically and emotionally. Sometimes we can't have what we want because it is so damaging to our children. This situation doesn't sound good at all. With such a short marriage I don't know what rights you will have. Also were you live is an issue. I live in Ca which is a community property state. I hope you are in a situation where you and your children will be OK financially! How would his parents be able to close your account? Were they also on the account? If so WHY? How can they change title on the vehicles if they were also in your name? This looks really messy! Just know it is so true when you marry someone you also marry their family. Where is your family? Are they there for you? So many questions unknown here. You may need to cut your loses and move on before it hurts you and the kids to much. This is a good place to come for support and advise! These women are so wise and their advise is many times golden. Take your needs and wants out of this picture and put the kids FIRST! You are in our thoughts and prayers.

hi i am rosemary and i have an a assessment for school on the topic of divorce. i know it is a personal topic but i need people to fill out a questionnaire on the topic of the effects of divorce on childrens wellbeing. it will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
click or copy and paste the link below

http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=dn0dbra1vlbh8kl920724