Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No questions left

Last night I had trouble with the trailer while pulling the kids horses' home from a 4-H event. Of course we were not in a good location and I needed to get the horses off of the trailer before I could address the rest of the problems. I was closer to Jerk than to my family, so I called him and asked him if he could come and get the kids' horses. He did but was really cranky about it. My ex-father-in-law drove, as Jerk had apparently been drinking. Long story short, it took him an hour to get to us (20 minutes away) and he was cranky and belittling. I sure don't miss living with that. He called back this morning, sober, and was much friendlier, even helpful. Anyway, he has been almost begging me to keep the kids close to him and has told me he would be close so he could help. I am left with no questions that I need to be closer to my family.

Re: No questions left

The flea lives two blocks down from me. For me that is too close for comfort, he also says it is best for our kids. Even though he has never been there for them. I think it is just his way to keep a tab on "his family" that is what we are still called. I don't know what kind of woman would want to go live so close to her "boyfriends" ex-wife. I hope things are better for you today. Take care.

Ladyrb,

I have often thought of the same question, what woman would want to live near her boyfriends ex and even more, with my ex's girlfriend... He took her to many of the same places we have been and did many of the same things we have done and she sits and talks to many of the same friends and family we once had together. This is not a woman who met him after an ended marriage...this is a woman who helped to break up a marriage and then just plopped her young self right down into someone else's life.

As I look back now these women are, selfish, cold-hearted, manipulative, disrespectful, insecure, needy, liars and cheaters...
Your exes may think they have hit the jackpot, but just like stolen money I think these women have filthy souls to do something like this to someone else's family. They had no thought about the people behind the men they chose to steal, neither did our ex's. Both are to blame. I say count your blessings you will someday be away from these people who, no doubt in my mind, truly deserve each other.

I believe the reaping of their careless deeds will have it's day. We have to move on though and learn to enjoy our new lives because blind people never see who they really are.

Susan

Susan
Ladyrb,

... He took her to many of the same places we have been and did many of the same things we have done and she sits and talks to many of the same friends and family we once had together. This is not a woman who met him after an ended marriage...this is a woman who helped to break up a marriage and then just plopped her young self right down into someone else's life.

...these women are, selfish, cold-hearted, manipulative, disrespectful, insecure, needy, liars and cheaters...

Susan

Susan, have you met the Beast? Cause that is her, all over! I'm in a similar situation to Ladyrb - I live less than 2 miles from WK, and if I were to move, I'd have to move closer to him!

Deirdre,

I think a lot of our exes are all the same in that they are all so shallow that they fit into this one little box having no true feelings or compassion for someone else besides themselves. Next time around, if I decide there will be one, I am finding someone with a soul, a true man, someone who has more depth than a puddle of water and understands that it is not always about him.

Susan

I spent the better part of today working on the trailer. But you know what? I did it. I didn't need a man to do it for me. I was able to take care of this problem all by myself.

Good for you Becky. I know how great it feels to do something you never thought of doing on your own before. I loved the fact that I accomplished things without the help of my ex. I loved it even more when he voiced his doubt about something and I accomplished it anyways. You go girl!!!!

Susan

WAY TO GO BECKY!!!!! I bet it feels great to have done it yourself.

Thanks for the encouragement, dear friends. With each thing I accomplish I feel so much more independent, and I'm more emotionally stable to tackle the next challenge that comes my way.

Dear Becky, I hope you can take your kids and move to where your family is. If your ex drinks heavy this is so bad for the kids to see. You are truely remarkable and are going to do just fine by yourself. Who knows maybe there is someone just waiting for a handy gal like you to come along. Either way you are a good role model for the kids. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.