Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Unbelievably dense!!

We are selling the place, and guess who's left to clean up all the $h*t Jerk didn't take with him. It's not "stuff" he's claimed as his, but junk he acquired and then realized it's junk. Like moving isn't hard enough already! The house isn't bad to clean out...if it was in the house it was probably 'important' so he took it with him. Found a few odds and ends in the basement-no big deal. But the outside buildings-YIKES! Don't know how I'll get it alld one by my move out date.

Becky,

I don't know if you have this business service where you live, but we have some companies that if called they come out with trucks and take unwanted junk from attics, basements etc and charge little because I guess they make money off of finds or scraping material. My neighbor and I were thinking about renting a dumpster between us and just getting rid of large items and other odds and ends that just sit around here. My sister and I are planning a yard sale first. Can you do anything like this or is it just complete junk?

Susan

Becky,
Sorry your the one that has to clean up his mess. You did make me realize that for ONCE I was almost glad my Ex was such a pack rat that I made a issue about HIM taking care of his stuff in our divorce.

Mine was a pack rat too! In fact, one of our most heated issues was his affinity for stopping at every yard sale and pile of junk on the side of the road and bringing stuff home. One time he brought home a bowling ball. He doesn't bowl. I said, what are you going to do with that? He said you could put it in your garden as a decoration! lol! In a way, it was kind of charming and artsy to me that he does this. But I soon realized when it started to pile up in all corners of the house and garage and shed and when he was getting angry that I was protesting, it is actually not cool.

His apartment right now is stuff to the seams and stuff is piled everywhere. It's overwhelming. The worst I have ever seen of him "collecting." I guess his new girlfriend must not mind...