Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Left alone again

He left them alone at a baseball game, one watching the game, one at the park with frineds, one unaware if someone was taking care of them and the other unaware that he was not even there. A familiar looking man (but they did not know him) made the child watching the game feel uneasy and uncomfortable. Game watching child did the right thing by moving away from this man and sat with friends. Why does he (their dad) continue to do stupid things like this? And I had the conversation with the children on how to handle this next time. Ugghhhh! I had to address this with him also and I am sure somehow this will also make me the bad person.

Re: Left alone again

It is so frustrating and frightening when we can't trust our children are safe when they are not with us. Our kids have to grow up so fast when they have to fill in the gaps for the parent who doesn't parent. My kids now both have cell phones...just so they can call me ANYTIME they need. I trust you're documenting all of this. How old are your kids? Do you have any idea why he left them there?

Re: Left alone again

This is so scarey! Where is his judgement? I don't know about this man. Again the age of the children is important. If they are really young this could really be a serious matter for him if the court finds out about this. Did he let anyone (Adult) know he was leaving? If there are four children all in different places in the park how does he know what is going on? I wouldn't care what he thought of me I would let him know that there has to be guidelines as to the care of the children. My heart goes out to you on this. I would not want to worry everytime my ex took the kids. Stay strong and stand up to him for your children's sake. I'm still overwhelmed by the carelessness he has shown.