Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Still finding out

I've been divorce for three years, and I am still finding out how my ex betrayed me. I am still discovering how deliberately debtramental he was to me.

How screwed the divorce procedure left me, and I am devastated by it. He was the adulter and I am still paying for it.

Prior to the divorce he concealed information about a time share we both owned. He wanted to sell it, but refused to tell me why. We went to the Dominican on our last vacation and he was cheating then. However, I did not know it. He concealed letters from the time share never told me that they started adding new fees. I knew that the maintanece had increased, but not about the other charge and he would never tell me why he wanted to sell it. He went on the vacation like nothing was wrong. During the divorce every time I asked about the time share he said he would tell me about it, or would not say nothing. Now I know why.He dumped everything on me and I received no alimony after 30 years he took all the cash and left me with the bills. Now, I am doing everything to try to keep my good credit. Also, my job has been sabataged, and possibly my career in my choosen field. What can I do?

Re: Still finding out

Sometimes the damage done by the ex runs so deeply into all areas of our existance. Three years is a long time to have to clean up his mess. Just know you are a strong women and will get through all this in time. I am concerned about your job. Did he or his other women cause problems with your job? Maybe it is time to change that as well. Start completely over with everything. I of course have no idea what you do and whether or not this is possible. Just know their are others on this site who have suffered as well in every area of their lives and somehow created a new happier, healthy life for themselves out of the ashes left by their ex's. Keep posting as these women are very supportive and helpful.

Re: Still finding out

Crazy how it works. You're the one that's Sleepless in St. Louis, but he should be the one that is sleepless! I have been unable to maintain my good credit. I always had much better creit than Jerk, and now because of $h/t he pulled I am left unable to borrow a dime. I decided to take a hit on my credit and be able to manage month-to-month. It wasn't what I WANTED to do, but what I HAD to do. However, my job is as secure as any jobs are in this economy. So what's up with that? The job?

I would agree with you that the divorce process is unfair. There is no consideration for what brought us to this point in the first place. It does matter what brought us here and I believe it should be considered. Hang lin there. Let us know how you're doing.