Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wedding Pictures.

Allison, I agree with you. Do it when you are ready and know. I have been through all or our pictures and pulled out anything I didn't want to send them to Jerk. I LOVE that I was in control of this, and I got to choose what I wanted. My oldest is going to put them in order chronologically and put them in a photo box for Jerk and give it to him for Father's Day. It is important to my kids that their dad have some of the memories. This way I have gotten rid of what I don't want, the kids are happy, and Jerk? Who cares? Anyway, the wedding album. I left the album untouched and it will sit way back on a shelf somewhere. I had a very non-traditional wedding, and my Mom and I had the best time planning that wedding. My memories of the wedding are not of Jerk and I and of that happy moment, but of the fun my mom and I had. She made the dresses for us and it was held on my parents' farm. Someday I know my kids will be interested in the pictures, so it will gather dust. As for the other pictures of the family (him, me, the kids), I put them in a separate photo album to also gather dust, something for my kids to keep. Yanking him out of the photo albums was kind of fun. There are some pictures left with him in them as they are of something or someone else I want the photo of. It was a good feeling to get him out of those albums. But like with everything else here, what is right for one person is not necessarily what is right for another.

Dear Ladies, This is such a difficult subject. These photo's are mirrors of our lives. Some good times and some bad times. I would like to weigh in with the wait and see crowd on this one. Right now the majority of us are still in shock from the death of our marriages. Just like a death it is usually wise not to make major decisions right away. Destroying and throwing away records of our lives is a major decision. This is really a process. This is my second marriage so I have been through this process before. You are morphing right now into the wonderful, happy, peaceful person you are going to eventually become. Your attitudes are going to change over and over before it is all over with. I know my dad was married three times. The family pictures of each marriage went with each wife. One wife was so kind to give us kids some of the pictures after my father passed away. These pictures meant the world to us his children. Maybe you are angry, hate them but somewhere down the road these pictures may mean so much to those you love or that loved him, such as his family, mother, father , sister and brothers. I wouldn't want them staring me in the face so I really like the idea of storing them away for at least 1 yr to see how you feel then. If there is someone else who really wants them close to the ex except the OW maybe give them to them. Just a thought here ladies from my personal experience with my father. I pray each and every day for the healing to come to us all and that sense of peace we each need so badly to visit us sooner rather than later.

Ok here I go again with my love the ******* forever thing but I will not be getting rid of my pictures. The years with my husband were the majority of my life, they were good years, at least in my eyes. I don't know if I will ever be able to stand the pain of looking at the pics but I want to know they are there in case I do. In fact, I hope to get strong enough to scrapbook everything for our children one day. I guess we each have to do whatever feels right for us.

Nice... I think it's a great idea especially for the sake of the kids and your future generation. Let your heart settle and do it. You will heal. Go out there and enjoy people and life. Life is good.

Put them in a box and then in a hope chest or at the back of a closet somewhere. This was part of YOUR life. I've been married twice. Left for some slut both times. I have kids with the second one who may want those pictures someday and I know ex won't take care of them. Really don't know why I still have pictures from my first wedding other then them showing me with family and friends that love me.

We used to have a pictures taken every 2 years. One of the family. One of just the kids and one of just us. I still have the last one of the family on my wall. Really need to replace it with one of just me and my kids. Have one from my oldest sons wedding but just haven't gotten around to replacing it.

Also worry about how my son that still lives at home will deal with the fact that I have gotten rid of ALL pictures of his dad. I have NO problem with him having pictures of his dad in his bedroom, I just don't want to see them on a daily basis.
Do what YOU are comfortable with.