Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: sole legal and physical custody and medical

The poor little guy. Does he attend daycare? If someone other than your family were to contact dss it would carry more weight. I know you can't set it up like that, but you can put a bug in a care provider's ear. Teachers are legal reporters and if they notice anything suspicious they have to report it. The power of suggestion, you know...

Document, document, document. It may feel like it is getting you nowhere today, but at some point it might be beneficial. It will help you remember the facts if nothing else.

Can you hire a private investigator? Solid evidence that the mom is left alone against court orders would help your case.

I feel for you and this little boy. Keep us posted.

How often are the mother's visitation? Is it every other weekend?

I think the idea of a private investigator is good. Something so similar to this happened to my grandson, who had a baby with an unfit mother. He had the baby from birth, and then when baby was 5 or 6 months old the court ordered baby be given to mother due to a technicality.

Fortuantely, a neighbor of the baby's mother called baby's father and told him about things that were going on.

The windup is that the baby was given an court advocate and there was court ordered investigation and baby is now with his dad. It was heartbreaking and many times we held our breath due to the many, many court dates.

I'm happy to say that the baby, my great-grandson, is now 3 years old, laughing, busy, playing, loved, and in very good hands. The mother has supervised visitation twice a week.

My advice is, if you can afford it, get a private investigator. Since you probably know where the mother lives and you know when she has the child, it should be very easy for the P.I. to get all the info you need. After it is documented, go to the child welfare dept. in your state and tell them the child's mother needs to have only supervised visitation. Ask them where to go from here and if they don't do anything, contact a family court judge, if possible. Don't leave any stone unturned in getting the supervised visitation.

This poor dear baby. If I am clean on this you and your husband have the child with the exception of supervised visits for the childs mother in the grandmother's home every other weekend. I am so concerned about this child. How can this child continue to be abused and no one do anything about it? This child is still a baby for god's sake. Court is expensive! I thought the child had a childs advocate? Is there a social worker for the child? How involved is your husband with this or is it mainly you? I agree you need to protect yourself in all this. She does something and blames you? Drug addicts don't care about anything but drugs. If you could get a third party to varify the abuse that would help. I would contact your childs current doctor and explain what you think is going on with the child as far as the other doctors being called in. Who pays for these doctor visits for the child? Does your husband have medical insurance on the child? You need to do this right but protect this poor innocent little baby. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayer.

Thank u for your reply and prayers we need it. My step sons name is garret and he's 3. My husband is very involved and I do my best to stay out of conflicts unless absolutely necessary. He lives in our home tho and my husband works full time and I am a stay home mom with 3 boys including garret. When daddy is home its daddy s time tho :) my husband has med ins. on all ours n his children and pays for all garrets support and med bills. He alsohas two other children from his previous marriage who visit on summers/weekend nwho he pays child support for and who's mom is a good mom. I know garretts biological mom is still his mom but she s not a parent figure for him at all. She's in and out as she pleases. I love him to death n it tears me up with what he has to deal with so I just do what I can. We've tried to connect with her and hlp her but she doesn't accept it. I'm ready to give up. Grandma gets visitation and mom comes around when she wants. Garrets dr knows and is very upset. He is strongly urging us to take it back to court for garrets health n wellbeing however we owe our attorney 3500 and can't yet afford another court motion and were scared to file on our own and fail or make things worse in the process. Were between a rock and a hard place n we just don't know what to do. Grandma is violating several things in the court order such as not informing us of medical issues when he's w her. Leaving him unsupervised w mom. Not following dr.s and dads med instructions. And making false allegations that can be proven false. But the abuse can't be proved because she blames marks on his sister or us or others n theey won't take a 3 yr olds word. She's also been reportedby several other ppl over the yrs. and they have only recomended her to counseling she's not even required to go. She has also in front of us threatened to ppunch him in the face if he tells... then acted like she was playing.. then left. N wecant prove any of it. We were so hoping the abuse wouuld stop if he wasn't w her so long n shed have more patience but it continues, just not as often. She is also very emotionaly abusive and he's afraid to talk to other adults at all when he's with her. I feel like I'm just venting now but were really just need a miracle.

If he has an advocate, tell him/her everything you said here and push for a psychological evaluation of the grandmother. Is it possible the grandmother is on drugs as well? I know you're doing everything you can, but please don't give up.