Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What would you think?

These so called men are all the same. My ex still to this day can not say he cheated and lied. We have been divorced 8 months. He lives with her now. I had all the proof and he has since told me there were two other short affairs during our 34 year marriage. I have no idea why he still can't say the words. He can not admit to any lie, not lies to me, our kids or even to his slut. He came back here and was sleeping with me before the divorce was final and telling her he was staying in a hotel and not seeing me at all. We were together every minute unless he was working. So he cheated and lied to me, to her to everyone and still can not admit it. I truly don't understand how their minds work (or I guess don't work)
I am struggling to try and change my feelings towards him. I miss him every minute. Even knowing all he did I still miss him. I know in my head that he is no good and I sould never ever have anything to do with him again but I just have not conviiced my heart of that fact. I do not want to waste my life waiting for him to see the light and I do not want to be stuck here in this place of missing him and wanting him back, but I just have to convince my heart to stop that. I am trying and starting a new job this next week may help, I hope.
This is all so confusing to all of us. Especially the ones who have been married so long and had no idea anything was going on. They have thrown away everything and left all of us to clean up after them. But, that said - we are women and we are stronger than we think. One way or another we will all come out of this better and stronger. Someone else is waiting out there for us if only to be a companion but something will be better in time.
Take care ladies and hang in there.

What would I think? I'd think he's a coward and has no b*//s. When my ex decided to leave I went to speak to his father. Come to find out his dad had been encouraging him to leave me because my expectations were too high. (I expected him to be a husband and a father, not a drunk and a run around.) The apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess. Jerk just didn't know how to go about it-leaving me. Really? So Jerk now lives with his Daddy-he can have him. Life is much better now that he's gone. Hang in there. It's a long, tough process, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Keep us posted.

I'm not confused anymore. He finally came out and asked for the divorce.

It sucks to have to be here, but for those of us that are, this forum is a great place to be. Let us know how you're doing.

Doing ok but miss him very much.

We all understand...

I agree with Deborah. It's ok to grieve, but find a good lawyer and protect yourself.