Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Supervised visits are not being supervised

My step sons mother has supervised visitation only. They are to be supervised by her mother during grandmas visitation. Grandma continues to leave him alone with mom and she's not attentive or responsible ie. he s 3 amd she let him play outside with his 8 yr old sister while she was inside doing whatever. The yard its not fenced in and is right next to a busy road. His 8 yr old sister has adhd and its not at a level where she should be allowed to baby suit him as he is also hyper amd impulsive. Mom has substance abuse issues and felonies and who knows what she's doing while the kids are outside alone and is still on parole. My question is what can I do at times when I know he's alone with her to prove it and stop it.
I can't afford a pi at this time.

Re: Supervised visits are not being supervised

Crystal, I'm at a loss-I read your other post as well. I am so sorry for this little guy. I understand the money crunch. It's so sad that money dictates all that we do, but it does, and there isn't much of a way around it. I understand that you are worried about making things worse, but can your little one afford for you to not try the court deal on your own? Would the doctor testify in your favor, or write a statement about his concerns for the well being of this child? What would happen if you were to report the unsupervised visit when you know it is happening? If it is against court orders wouldn't there be legal recourse? Like I said, I'm at a loss. Maybe someone else will be of more help.

I think your right. Were going to contact our lawyer again and tell her if she can't file the motion because we owe her the back (we have payment arrangment) that well have to do it on our own. Not doing anything would be the same as neglecting him. I'm sure his dr would support us in some way. We are also looking into therapists as he's been and is going through so much. I hate this. I can't wait for court to end and everything to level out. We've made our decision tho. We have to do something immediately no matter the risk. Thank u u have been vry helpful.

Praying for you. We'd like to know how things are going for you.

Thanks will keep it updated. Will find out more Monday.

Please ask that the court appoint an advocate for your step son. Also ask that both the mother and grandmother be required to have psychological evaluations. Is it possible that the grandmother also has a substance abuse problem?

This whole situation smells and I think there's more to the story than you know about.

By alone, do you mean she leaves the house or she is in another room?

If you have court papers saying that the mother is required to have supervised visits AND that the supervisor is supposed to be the grandmother AND if the grandmother goes outside the home and leaves the mother alone - I would call the police, show them your paperwork, tell them the kids are in danger when the grandmother is not there and have them do a well child check. They won't do anything other than check the welfare of the child and see who is supervising (unless the mother is really messed up on drugs at the time and they may take the child). But you will get a police report saying the supervisor was not there, the mother was alone with the child, and that you can take back to court. But becareful because sometimes the court will enforce the order and sometimes the court will make the visits non-supervised so that there isn't any issue anymore. It all depends on which judge you get.

If the grandmother is just going in another room or she is going outside while they stay inside. I don't know what you can do. Maybe take the child to counseling or child protective services so that someone else can find out whats going on during these visits.

Either way you have a long road ahead of you and I wish you all the best. Keep us posted

So glad to hear you are going to do everything to protect this little baby. It isn't fair and it hurts financially everyone. Our prayers are with you on this. Please keep us posted. You are a good and kind women to love this child who you didn't birth as your own. I truely admire you. Biology is over rated. Anyone can produce a baby. The true mother gives the love, and sacrifies. May god go with you in this. We are all praying for this little angel.