Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: custody modification

Dear Becky, I was not affended in the least. I am on the same page as you that the parent MUST be consistant in their involvement. These poor little children have lost so much from divorce already. I have a similar story as your nieces. My husband had full legal and physical custody of his 6 year old son when I married him. This is my husbands only bio child. This childs mother saw him maybe 6 times in 10 years if that. She was married 5 times before it was all over. She would want to see the boy again when she had a new husband to impress and she might take him once or twice then not contact him or us for years. She has left him standing by the door waiting and she never came more than once. Finally my husband also realized this wasn't doing anything but hurting his child so he made her take him back to court for her visitation. Which believe it or not she got everyother weekend. She never had him over night once. This hurt him so bad and he has had serious emotional problems and is on drugs and drinks heavy. He is now a 42 year old man. We finally had to cut him out of our lives. (He demanded money 5,000 and 1000 a month or he was going to hurt my husband. We had no choice but to notify the police. I have my two small granddaughter here alot and could not take that chance. Fortunately he lives on the east coast and we live on the west coast. So I have also experienced exactly what you have with your neice. How can these parents do this to their own children. I just don't know. Becky you are a one in a million mom and always put the kids first. They know this and will always remember this. I hope all the mom's sharing these burdens can find peace and fairness in the courts.

Re: custody modification

If you don't agree with the mediator's custody arrangement, then say so. What are your reasons?

If you don't go to court, they will apply for changes and since there is no one on your side, they may get the revised court order for custody. With full court powers behind them, you are screwed....

It is always best to reply...sitting on it and pretending it will go away won't help you too much.