Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: It hurts so much to lose things that you love because of someone else!!

Bridget - I am so sad for what you are going through. I also have 2 dogs that are still with me because he had nowhere for them to go when he left, not that I would have let him take them. They are my only source of comfort when I get home from a long day at work, they are always there to greet me with a wagging tail and a happy doggy face. They make all the difference between getting out of bed and not! I have to take care of them so I have to keep going, they didn't choose for him to leave, he did it all on his own! Selfish, self absorbed, lying, cheats, I think this covers it all, except for adulterers! thats the one that hits home to me. He comes to the house plays with the dogs for 5 minutes and pretends to care about them, they couldn't care less if he was there or not and it shows. His loss, I will never let him have them as he would not take proper care of them.

I would rather give them to a good home rather than let him have them if I have to give them up at all. It is very expensive to have 2 very large dogs, but at the end of the day they have been the only loyal members of the household who never left me. Unconditional love is what I get from them and your sadness in losing your beautiful horses and other animals makes me want to come and get them myself.

Take heart knowing at least you didn't ABANDON them like he ABANDONED your lives together, COWARDS the lot of them! Pity we couldn't marry our dogs!!! :)

Re: It hurts so much to lose things that you love because of someone else!!

You are so right. My animals don't care what I look like or how I feel. They are there for me no matter what. If only the animals could teach these selfcentered men how to act. When I am at my worst i just go out in the field and my old mare (20+) always comes and finds me and I just put my arms around her and cry. She stands still as long as I need her to, she seema to understand. Also my yellow lab is always at my side and I know he knows when I am really down because he seems much more attentive and brings me thigns, shoes, toys, what ever he finds. If only they could talk, boy would we have some good conversations.
I have always said animals and kids are the best judge of character, well my animals have always been much more attached to me than they ever were with him.

It just makes me so angry that we, the ones that did not cheat and lie, we have to lose so much and they just walk out into a new life. We are left to pick up the pieces. Like so many on here have said before, they will get what is comming to them, I just wish it would hurry up and I could be there to see it.
Thank you all for the kind words and understanding. You are the best. And by the way I wish they had spell check on here!!!!