Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Today

June 8, 2011 My divorce will be final today. I am ok. It hurts but I will be alright. I do not know what the future holds but I will find a way to be just fine no matter what. My heart is with my husband as he goes to court to get his decree. Over the last few weeks we have become closer than ever. We have talked as we never have before. We do still love each other and always will. I know that he has come to see the value in what we had. He says that he now thinks that we could work. I have shown him that. I know him well and know he is sincere. I am leaving our home this morning as a married woman and returning home tonight single. But I am returnig the same in all the ways that count. I am the woman who has grown so much over my journey of nearly 10 months. I am returning with the man who has been beside me, by worst enemy but also a great support and friend. This has been an unusual and truly twisted story. I am not quite done yet. The man I married 32 years ago is not quite done yet either. He told me so this morning and I know he understands that it is true. I still believe that this woman was put into our lives to create a change between us. That change has happened. No matter what happens we will always both be better people because of her. I will be ok no matter what. I have learned that to. But I ask you all to please continue to pray for me, for us. I will pray for you all to as always.
Cindy

Re: Today

Cindy,

My heart goes out to you. You have fought with all your heart and soul to get where you are today and even though it did not work out the way you would have wanted it to you are standing proud and true with your head held high and knowing that you did your best. I am so proud and honored to have come to know you to. You are in my prayers today and I will be asking the Lord to give you strength and peace as you face this step in your life. I pray Christ wraps his comfort around your soul because you are a wonderful, caring woman and your husband is truly blind not to see what he is walking away from. You are a woman of honor and grace. You looked for all the best you could find in this rubble and held true to what you believed in. I know we are all standing beside you in spirit today and I hope you remember that as well. God, bless and keep you today and let us know how everything went when you feel like talking. You are a true hero in my eyes and a treasure that will far outshine any woman your ex could ever find. You will get through this day, as you have said yourself.

Susan

Dear Cindy, This is a day of new beginings for you and your husband. As you have said you are a single women only in the eyes of the law. You are still his wife in your whole body and soul. This is a day of loss for him more than for you. As Susan has said you are truely a wondrous treasure which most men will never have the fortune to find in their whole life times. He will be the one to suffer if he squanders this precious treasure he's be given in you. I am praying with all my heart and soul for you. I have had more that one of my clients remarry after they realized what a terrible mistake they made. You have been such a good example for us all not to give up in the site of adversity. You will certainly be in our thoughts this day. I sense that you are going to be OK no matter what the outcome of this crazy journey. Let us know how this day comes out.

Cindy - God bless you and keep you safe. You are truely an inspiration to us all. I have fought the battle and feel defeat is looming. I can only say I admire your strength in being true with your feelings. I do the same and it kills me. To know you love someone unconditionally and the love is not returned it very heartbreaking. I know God will be our strength. Prayers, hugs and nothing but heartfelt good wishes go with you today and always, take care, you are a beautiful soul and God knows that! :)

Cindy, my heart breaks for you. You are so strong. I am having one of my bad days today, so I cried all through your post and now my reply. I will be signing my papers soon, and I so dread that moment. Hang tough, dear. You are an amazing woman.

Cindy,
I am crying and can't even give you an encouraging reply. What a struggle you have gone through. I'm so sorry this happened to you.