Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: if not for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all

Dear Bridget, Bravo to you my dear in not contacting the ex! I know you can do this! I know my grandkids are my whole world now. The relationship that we build with them follows them their whole lives. I am very involved with mine especially my beautiful
4yr old autistic baby girl. I stay with the therapist in the morning and take her to her school in the afternoons. I pick her sister up from school and take her to Karate or dance and help with homework. My days are very full and busy. It helped me alot while my husband and I were in crisis mode. I think that is really going to be your best bet! It will get you far away from the ex. I've heard there is a shortage of women still in Alaska. Nothing wrong with raising the odds. The sooner you can sell the farm the better I guess. Did you get awarded any spousal support? I live in California and I would have gotten it for life ( I was married 37 years) unless my husband retired which is what he will be doing either this year or next. It sounds like you have a concrete plan and hopely you'll not even care about the ex any longer. How long do these men think these women are going to stay around once the money isn't there anymore. That is going to be their problem and they deserve it!!!!! You know I've been told you can still homestead in Alaska. I don't know if that is true but you might be able to get something going there also. You will have the best of both worlds going back in forth between your son's. I'm sure they can use your help as well. Bridget try and stay busy and stay strong. You can do this. We are all praying for you!