Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Do I have to let them use my car too?

Ok, ladies, I took your advice and I unblocked the cell phone number of the girlfriend. But do I have to let my kids use the car I'm paying for, the insurance for, the gas for to go visit their father at his request? The pig and "IT" have their own cars. Why can't he come pick them up. If I want to pick up my daughter to see her when she is over there I assume I will use my car to go get her. I've been left paying for everything and now I have to pay for his visits too???!!!

Re: Do I have to let them use my car too?

SusanPE,

I would say its a fine line between supporting your children and making him responsible for his relationship with his children. How far does he live from you? My son and his ex-wife lived an hour apart and so they met half way every Friday night. Do you only have the one car or is it more your car but she drives it?

But if he is close, has a car just like you, and is able to come and pick her up - then he should. Tell them you need your car for your own errands and things to do.

Re: Do I have to let them use my car too?

Is your ex only doing that so you can't go out & have fun why the kids are away...I believe the old saying they don't want us but don't want no one else to have us either...Tell him to let them have his car to come back & forth & see how quick he is willing to do it...One time drop them off & call & get him to let them come home in his, I promise it won't happen...Don't give in their old enough to drive then remind them this is their dads doings NOT yours & don't let them push your buttons or it will only get worse...Stand your grounds or you will pay for it the rest of your life...Remember men just like to push us around & don't care if he uses the kids to do it either...

Promise tell your kid to go live with OW & your ex & I promise they won't stay long...Plus your ex probably stop pushing your buttons because he won't want them interferring with his love nest...He will then watch his steps...Let him know they can live with him & come see you when they want & let him deal with the everyday problems & not just have all the fun & send them home to you when he wants his privacy...