Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Still bright spots in the day

As bad as our days can get and I know they can be the worst ever sometimes, there are still moments of bright spots. I think God knows when we need a little sunshine and if you watch for it you will see it.
Today when I was filling and hanging up my hummingbird feeders I just paused a minute with my hands on the part of the feeder where they eat. After only a few seconds about 8 hummers came and started flying around me and stopping to eat. ONe of them actually sat on the back of my hand and just looked at me for a few seconds as if to say "see there are still beautiful things in your life, he can't take that part away from you". Then she took a few steps closer to the feeder and still sat on my hand while she ate. I would still be standing there if it wern't for the darn fly biting my leg.
So as bad as I was feeing that little bird made my day. If you keep looking for the little things that brighten your day you will start finding more and more and hopefully one day we will have so many more good things in our days than bad. I just wanted to share this bright spot with you all today.

Re: Still bright spots in the day

Thank you Bridget. That was really beautiful. I could just invision those beautiful birds flying around you and that one little one lighting on your hand and what a magic moment that must have been. God does take time each day to show us that he is thinking of us if we will just slow down long enough to see it.
Psalms 139:18. Your thoughts towards me are so amazing. They are greater then the grains of sand on the sea shore. One of my favorite scriptures.

God Bless

What a beautiful picture to share with us today, thanks. And a reminder that God is always there to cheer us if we will just let Him.

I truly believe God gives us things right when we need them the most. A blessing from God can always chase away the heartaches. Thank you for sharing your gift with us today. I remember little moments here and there that God blessed me with when I just needed that feeling of joy and peace to sooth away the pain. That is one thing about God...He is always there when we reach out to him and even in times when we are to wrapped up in our own sorrows to know what we need...God does.

Susan

Amen Susan. Thank you for the lovely words and the lovely story ladies.