Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
divorce

me and my husband is seperated not legally for 3 years. my oldest daughter pass two years ago he did not attend her funeral. I was compensated for the lost of my daughter. She is not is biological daughter. He is entitle to some of that money.

Re: divorce

Dear Patricia, I am so saddened by your loss. I can't imagine losing one of my children. I'm sure there is no amount of money in this world which would ever begin to take the place of your child. This would be a matter to ask a lawyer in your state. I do know that in Ca an inheritance is not community property UNLESS you co-mingle it with community property. This is not an inheritance I believe but a compensation for her death it sounds like. Why have you delayed in getting a legal seperation or divorce if you don't mind me asking? There are legal matters which may arise. We realize how difficult it is to end a marriage! So many women on this site wish they would have protected their assets sooner rather than later. If you have been dealing with an illness and death of a child it would consume your whole world. Your baby is with God now who is holding, loving, and protecting her for you. God wants you to take care of you now. Please post here anytime and we will be here to listen. We are all praying for you in your time of grief.