Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm not quite sure what's going on!

On Friday evening, i went to get my son from nursery, and on a way home received a txt from the snake..... He was asking if I would like him to spend few days with him around Christmas .
Well even though it's still 198 days before Christmas but I already planned to spend it at my new home with my son and my parents coming round whatever day they wish. I planned on making this day, a real Christmas, with lots of presents for the little one and lots of food, lol. The type of Christmas that the snake never managed to have with us. In fact he spoiled every single one for the last eight years.
So i said to him lets just wait and see what happens.

And yesterday, he sends me another txt, inviting me for a dinner on 2nd July! Asking what i would like to eat.

So, I am not quite sure what the hell is going on! Is he going to tell me he's about to marry his wh@re and trying to present it nice to me?

Re: I'm not quite sure what's going on!

Or is he having second thoughts and wants to see how receptive you are to that. Maybe the OW is leaving him!! If I were in your place I don't know if my curiosity would win and I would go to dinner and find out what is going on or if I would stay strong and turn him down completely. Good luck with what ever you choose to do but be careful. These jerks are great at lying.

Oh boy, this is a tough one. I never knew what to expect from my ex as well. He would say one thing and do another. He would be kind and act concern at one minute and then he might come barging at me with a demand. I learned to never trust my ex because he turned out to be a liar and I never knew if he was sincere about anything or not so I was always on my guard and good thing, because he wasn't always very nice.

I wanted so much to trust him and be friends, but I found I could not so now we are just business partners in raising our children. I still can't trust his words or actions and probably never will. I think you have to look at what your husband has done so far and decide if you can trust him enough to have dinner or is it safer to stay away and just ask him if there is something he has to tell you. Just be careful and don't let him play with your heart or emotions.

My motto was....(Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.) When it came to dealing with my ex.
Susan

I am with Susan be very careful. Once a snake, always a snake. Be prepare keep your guard up and be careful.

I would like to third the motion of the other ladies. You have come so far emotionally and to put yourself back in his grips like that really really concerns me. I realize how disappointed you were when your new boyfriend ended up to be just one in the same as the snake. I would really think hard before you put yourself back into that position again. There is a nice, honest, loyal, loving man out there for you. You just have to go and find him. The "SNAKE" is not him! Please, Please, Please use your head on this. He is going to try and tell you all kind of wonderful things that you want to hear. He is an evil man remember that. What ever you decide we are here for you.