Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What should I do....?

I moved out of our house back in October of 2010 and now its been about a half a yr now and our 6 yr anniversary is coming up. See, I left the house with our 5 yr old son thinking that it would make him change and be a better husband and father. He would always leave the house and come home either in the early hours of the AM or the next day completely....and then go straight to sleep, oh and did I mention he would smell of alcohol....ugh. He would sometimes hit me when we would get into arguments, but he would never hit out son. So, I soon found out in February that he was cheating on me with a younger woman since October (when I moved out and this would be the 3rd time he cheated on me)...I am 28 and she is 24 and she has a 5 yr old son....anywho, his excuse as to why he did it is cause he thought that I left the house to be with another guy....which is not at all true, but now he has grown "feelings" for this girl and has left my son and I alone. On my sons preschool graduation, he told me that he wanted to be a family again and that he missed us and that he didn't know why he did what he did. So after "spending time" with him that day before leaving his place he tells me that everything is going to be ok and STUPID me believed him. So in turn, two days later he starts ignoring my calls and then changed his number....am just confused and I guess still in love with him, even though he acted like a real JERK to me and my son. He doesn't even call to see how our son is doing. UUUUGGGGHHHH....I hate this girl that walked into our lives.... .....all I wanna do is cry...I try to ignore my feelings for my son, but there are times I just can't hold back......idk, am just scared he wont come back, I keep putting my hopes up on his return, but in the back of my mind I know I lost him, but my only thing now is "what if". What should I do??....Do I move on and go through with the divorce or should I wait to see if he comes back?

Re: What should I do....?

Drea,

I know right now is a difficult time, but it sounds like you are better off without him. The fact that he hit you and ran around on you tells me that you are better off without him. Love is a funny thing, if anything else caused this much pain we would let go immediately. But instead you, me and many of the other women in here keep holding on now matter how much it hurts or what the cost is emotionally or financially.

The easy part is saying you deserve someone to love and respect you. The harder part is letting go so we can find that person. Hang in there.

Re: What should I do....?

Thanks Teresa.

Well, I saw him the day of our anniversary and he had a huge nasty hicky on the back of his neck. I just walked away from him and came home. Tuesday (28th) was our official day of our anniversary, that was when I saw him. But since Sunday he has been calling me on occasion to see how I have been doing and how my son is doing. It seemed kinda weird, but it made me feel a little better, but now I think he just did it to make himself look good since he knew our anniversary was on Tuesday. He called me when I had left (when I had seen the hicky) and asked me why I got mad and left, I told him why and he started with..."oh, your gonna start"...and so I hung up on him.....that night I had class until 10pm. I got home around 10:30 and there were 2 missed calls from him. Around 11:30ish he called and he told me that he was so worried about me, that he called my grams house and drove by my grams place and my place to see if I was ok, I told him I was at school and he then said, well, am glad to hear that you are doing ok and that you and matt (our son) are safe. He said that if I wouldn't of answered the phone that he was going to pass by my place to see if I was home. He then said good night. He called again this am to see how I and matt were doing and asked what we were gonna do today. I guess am just wishing to much that maybe this may be the start of a possible change in him, I just pray to GOD that it is true what I am thinking and that he shows me the way because I really feel lost and majorly confused.