Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Best years of my life and now he wants out

I SO agree...when a man says there isn't another woman, and the wife has no clues, etc.

Unfortunately, in my case it was 31 years of verbal and physical abuse.

He stole that many years from me, but I won't let him win..I won a scholarship because of what I wrote about my life and am in school at 64! I refuse to believe he took the "best" years away from me. I belileve the best is yet to come. I refuse to give him that kind of power.

Hugs and Love, Alice

P.S. I think it is another woman also; every time I read one of these stories, it always is.

Protect yourself.....in case he decides to move out, etc........see an attorney (NOT that you will need one), but have your ducks in a row in case don't be blind sided.......

I have to agree with all the other women on this post. My ex told me the exact same things as well and although he hid the affair until I had the proof to confront him, he even denied it then as well and then when he did finally confess, he stated she was only a friend and it had nothing to do with how he felt.,,These foolish men are all the same. You can almost blueprint their patterns of words and actions when they are cheating. He has now been living with her for quite a while and we share the boys. These men go out and do what they want and tend to leave the wife to pick up all the pieces. You need to start protecting yourself. Talk to a counselor or a lawyer right away and set up a plan of protection. If there is another woman which it seems to me to be, watch your bank accounts and credit cards. Start making a list of all your assets and make sure he isn't closing things out or sneaking items out of the home. My ex did so many rotten things that I never would have imagined he would do. When there is another woman involved be prepared because she will be putting her two cents in anytime she can grab his ear. If there is another women it is usually a battle of 2 against 1 and who do you think will sway your husband if he is already cheating with her? I wished someone had warned me sooner.

Susan

You are so right Susan. My ex's girlfriend has done this before. This is nothing new to her and she knew how to manipulate the situation to her advantage before I even knew there was a situation. She even told him she would lose her house if he didn't stay with her and help with the payments. She would tell him how good he looked when he looked like crap. She would tell him what ever it took to make him think he was the best thing since sliced bread. Her last husband was just the same, she slept with him and convinced him she would be so much better to him than his wife was and he got a divorce and married her. Didn't take long for him to realize his mistake and he started cheating on her!! Shew as shocked!!
I even sent her a text several months ago and asked her if she really expected these men to be faithful to her after everything they did to their own wives?
Right now she is making his life so darn much fun, going out every weekend. No responsibilities, just always having a great time. Who wouldn't want that, but the other shoe will drop and these men will see what they have done. It is just so hard to wait for that day.
The first thing I did when I found out is talk to a lawyer about my rights. He was spending lots of money on her out of an account I didn't check. He was putting things on a credit card I didn't have access to but then paying it with our account. The lawyer said it was totally legal to hide money so he couldn't spend any more on her. I could not spend it either and had to keep reciepts and everything else showing exactly what I had done and why. Keep copies of everything. Your bank statements from now and then later to have them to compare if he is spending money on her. Just keep track of everything and make copies of things you think shows some changes or anything suspicious. If you don't need them later you can throw them away but if you do need them it is hard to go back and find it. Just protect yourself.