Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: how to survive the next 10 years with the other woman in my sons life

Gerbillina: I understand that you're angry. I get it...but what does that have to do with your child?

If you truly love your son...you may want to take a little time and reconsider your position. It is one of the cruelest things you can do to a child to alienate them against a parent. Children have the RIGHT to have relationships with both parents. The divorce details should under no circumstance be shared with a child. Its actually a form of child abuse and the court is considering it now in custody battles...you can google parental alienation syndrome. It can affect your custody situation and more importantly is simply child abuse.

The type of behavior you're talking about can seriously damage your child, his relationships with you, his father, and everyone he touches in his future...including his potential future spouse and children. You can emotionally cripple a child in doing what you're suggesting.

If you truly hated what your husband did to you and your family, why would you even consider resorting to behavior that is he even worse than his and directed at your own child...why victimize him? You're his mother...your judgement is vital to his well being.

I do understand how angry and upset you are at your ex's terrible choices but please consider your actions towards your child. Although I'm not a huge fan, Dr. Phil has a book out which discusses things NOT to do to your kids during and after divorce....here is the website http://www.drphil.com/articles/article/242 . You really really should reconsider.

Best wishes!