Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: When will this ever end???

Until now (almost a year) I have continued to believe that I wanted to stay in my house. I love it, love the neighborhood and couldn't fathom moving. All of a sudden it "clicked" that a new place that is all mine is a wonderful idea. We all notice how just going out for an evening usually boosts our spirits and stops the negative thoughts. It seems we hang on to our environment against all the evidence that shows it is keeping us stuck with our old thoughts.

This was honestly a spontaneous feeling that hit me like a thunderbolt. I might backslide before it is all over but I haven't looked back since I came to this realization.

I hope you have a similar experience when the time is right. Now, I just can't wait to get everything settled so I can find my happy place. I am "window shopping" and finding some good bargains because of the economy but I won't start dealing with a realtor until I can make the move. I hate to waste someone's time when I can't complete the deal.

Something minor (like a broken pipe) can be the very thing that changes the whole picture for you. Now, all I can see are the negatives of a home I shared with a very lazy man. It reminds me of how little respect he had for me.