Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Want to divorce but concerned about children

I’ve been married for 11 years and have just faced the reality that I am no longer in love with my husband. He’s a great father but has never quite fulfilled my needs as a husband. He suffers from bipolar disorder though it’s mostly under control, and he takes his medication regularly. He’s never been able to hold down a job for very long and I think over the years I have built up a lot of resentment because of that. We’ve drained our savings because he wasn’t working- he’s now looking and driving uber in the meantime to help make ends meet. I’m quite successful and have been able to climb the ladder because hard work is of value to me and I want our children to have that as an example. I’m bitter because I work hard and can’t enjoy the fruits of my labor because my salary is the only stability in the house. Add all of that to us having sex just a few times a year for the last several years, and him just not taking care of himself. I’m sure I bare some fault in here too, but I just feel so done. I want a chance at having a real partnership and maybe true love, though I’m scared to make such a drastic change because of my children. I also worry what leaving my husband will do to him. Will he be able to support himself? All advice welcomed.