Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Teenage Romance to 30 something Divorcee

My husband and I have had a strained marriage for 7 years now; which is essentially our entire marriage. We started dating when I was 17. That puts us at 15 years together. I have to believe that at one point we both loved each other completely, but never seemed to find each other on the same page. This year we took a trip to Punta Cana. It was supposed to be the last big trip we took before we started a family. Then it became the trip that was going to save our marriage. Finally it became the trip that made us realize that we don't belong together. I broke it to him the night before Thanksgiving that I had nothing left for him. I loved him, but I had no passion and no romance. To my surprise, neither did he. For years I had begged him to show me something, anything! Anytime I would ever bring up divorce or leaving he would vehemently deny that there was anything wrong and cry and beg me not to go. So I stayed, childless and unhappy. Eventually I went back to school and earned my degree. I started working on me and the more I did so, the more I realized that he wasn't who I wanted to grow old with. After this trip, I thought I was going to have to fight to leave. I spent a few days after the trip in bed with horrible stomach aches; stress related no doubt. This time when he asked me what was wrong, it was so hard to tell him. But I did and he accepted. He told me he knew how much pain I was in and wished he could give me back the years he had taken away. Over the last few days he has been more attentive and more affectionate than he has been in the last 15 years. It's making me so confused and so upset that he's capable of everything that I've asked for. It makes me feel that I've never been worth his love. We're going to remain friends and live together until we can list our house in the Spring. He's encouraging me to date, and rather quickly. Which makes me think that there may be someone else. I have so many emotions right now. We've both sat and cried for days it seems. Am I wrong in thinking these things?

Re: Teenage Romance to 30 something Divorcee

Justine: It may be he is feeling guilty about something...….you two have been together for a long time, must be tough to let go and move on. Is anyone interested in marriage counseling? Best wishes for both for a better future.