Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DO NOT SIGN ANY PAPERS FOR REFIANCE.

REASON: While going through the divorce. Partners name is still on the Mortgage. So partner still has to help with paying the mortgage. You are getting money! Wait until Attorney says go ahead. But not sooner. Also, it does not matter if you take partners name off Title. It is still on the mortgage. Don't waste your time and money on this. Check your STATE LAWS ON DIVORCE QUESTIONS. ALL STATES ARE DIFFERENT, MAKE SURE YOU GET THE MOST RECENT LAWS. SOME STATES HAVE CHANGED THE LAWS ON CONCERNING DIVORCE AND ASSETTS. PLEASE CHECK THIS. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT. IN FLORIDA IT IS A 50/50 DIVIDE, BUT...IF YOU ALONE HAD PURCHASED OR OWNED SOMETHING PRIOR TO MARRIAGE, IT IS SOLELY YOURS! GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES!

Re: DO NOT SIGN ANY PAPERS FOR REFIANCE.

Yes, and don't let a Banker talk you into anything that is going to make a profit for them at your expense like an equity loan, etc., after a divorce has gone through and don't believe a phone salesman who wants to sell you a new phone if you are leaving a family plan for a single person's plan. The salesperson is working on Commission. Always call Corporate for speak with the person's boss for verification. These two scams were tried on me (only one was a refi. offer assuming a newly divorced woman would need this, the thing is, I had already paid the house off)!

Re: DO NOT SIGN ANY PAPERS FOR REFIANCE.

HEY LARA, THANK YOU. I REALLY NEED HELP. I LIVE IN FLORIDA AND ALL MY FAMILY LIVES IN PA. THE THING WITH ME, I DON'T HAVE ANYONE TO REALLY TALK TO ABOUT THIS STUFF. I CAN'T MOVE BACK HOME BECAUSE I CAN NOT AFFORD TO LIVE THERE. I AM STUCK LIVING HERE. I DON'T HAVE VERY MANY FRIENDS BECAUSETHE ONES I DID HAVE JUST DID NOT COME AROUND BECAUSE OF MY HUSBAND'S DRINKING HABITS. NOW HE'S LIVING WITH HIS BROTHER JUST DOWN THE ROAD. I PRAY EVERY DAY AND NIGHT FOR THE LORD'S HELP. I PAID MY ATTORNEY $ 4,000.00 FOR THIS DIVORCE, I SURE AS HECK HOPE IT IS GOING TO BE WORTH IT.