Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hardest part of divorce?

I'm here with you! I am 59 . No children. Married? WELL..... Twice so far, going on my THIRD. DEAR LORD, I NEVER EVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPPEN TO ME. Married my High School sweetheart, lasted 8 years. Alone 4 years. Until I met #2 husband. A little older with a son. I thought this was great. I had a son. That didn't last, started having a lot of trouble with son. Now #3 !This is unbelievable. Three? I was with him 14 years! Now we are going for divorce. I feel left out of Family outings, because I live in FL and family lives in PA. I can't afford the housing in PA. So I am STUCK HERE ALONE IN FLORIDA. NO FAMILY HERE IN FL. Being with husband #3 none of my friends liked him, so they quit coming around and calling. Not very good friends? I still feel left out even with neighbors. On Thanksgiving, I thought maybe someone would invite me over for Dinner. Didn't happen. I found out later that my one neighbor and her family went out to dinner. My other neighbor was home but then I noticed she had taken off too. I hate being single ( singled out is more like it). So here I am. What am I going to do with my life? It will be a 100% change for me, and I am not sure I can do this. THAT'S MY HARDEST PART OF A DIVORCE.

Re: Hardest part of divorce?

Suz: My mom went through this. The married couples mostly felt threatened by her as a newly single person. She was, therefore, left out, socially. My Dad divorced her and then she married again to a man who was twice divorced, not popular with anyone, he died, she's now married again to a man who, it does not appear, to want anything to do with her family. When I was young and single, no couples ever invited me anywhere. As soon as I started dating ex, we suddenly got invited out by couples at work. I got divorced 21 yrs. later and kept, luckily, some of my single friends and didn't move - didn't want to. Mom's in FL, too, went there with 2nd hubby (3 hurricaines and toxic algae later). I know someone who joined a "meet up" group to socialize. I have single friends who are closer to their "Church family" than their own. I joined senior Yoga and a low cost health club and met many single ladies. These are just some ideas. Best wishes. I hope you can get home to PA eventually.