Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Stuck in Mediation"

Hello, Couldn't fit all the justification behind my divorce in a 1,000 pages, so I'll cut to the chase. After a long term marriage 28+ years this is where I'm at. My husband is dragging his feet after he was instructed by our mediator what we had to do. We've had 3 visits with the mediator already. The only "asset" that exists that we are waiting on is our agreement on my share of his pension. He is four years from full retirement. Per the mediator instructions we followed we were to get a "QUADRO" from a financial advisor. We faxed all our info and then met with him. The advisor gave us the scenarios listed below. My husband is dragging his feet because he didn't want to give me anything as in 48% of his retirement. And trust me, its' small potatoes for what he cost me. We have to come up with an agreement if he dies prior to retirement as follows. 1. Survivor annuity 2. Lump sum benefit The next agreement is at full retirement is: 1. Maximum amount 2. Lump sum 3. A 9-15% lowest monthly payout. My goal is survivor annuity and at full retirement lump sum. My husband's goal should he pass before retirement is to do lump sum benefit which is 50% to me and 50% to our daughter. I explained that he could leave his life insurance policy to our daughter,{our son is an addict which his father enables him}, and agree to survivor annuity giving me 2/3 for lifetime. I have been trying to divorce him for 4 years. Neither of us has money to afford a lawyer. What would is my best option at this time? wait him out another 4 years or get him to move on this. He takes his time hoping I will give up and just give in and get nothing. Any useful thoughts appreciated. Thank you

Re: "Stuck in Mediation"

YOU HAVE COME THIS FAR? SO WHY GIVE UP NOW. I WOULD HOLD ON TIGHT THIS SOUNDS LIKE A ROUGH RIDE. DO NOT LET GO! IF HE IS DOING THIS TO YOU GET SOME FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS TO STAND BESIDE YOU, THIS WILL GIVE YOU THE STRENGTH YOU NEED. BY THE GRACES OF THE LORD MAY HE GRANT YOU THE STRENGTH AND COURAGE AND FINANCIAL HELP YOU NEED TO PUSH FORWARD. WHEN ALL SAID AND DONE. GO ON A CRUISE, THERE ARE SOME REALLY REASONABLE RATES WITH ROYAL CARRIBEAN FOR A 2-4 DAY CRUISE. HANG IN THERE!!!!