Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marriage proposal from a male domestic helper

Hailing from Mumbai, India..

Dear reader, i am aged 23- a jewelry designer at reputed retail store and also happen to own 3 bedroom flat which my parents gave as they live in another part of town. About a year ago, during maiden visit to slum areas for charity cause, I met this very hard working man who slogged under the sun in distributing food stuff among down trodden there. He is 39 year old widower named Kumar, who lost his wife few years ago to a tragic cylinder blast. Since then we remained in constant touch through whats app/ phone conversations and the banters only increased our chances of meeting each other every weekend.

I wasn't very fortunate with people of my own wavelength during college years, despite looking fairly attractive so I was taken aback by this man's flamboyance, flair towards life and ability to deal with pain despite living in abominable conditions. The thought occurred that if i employ him as helper (on 50$ a month) salary, he would probably get better life compared with situation before.

Although its common among asian families to employ helpers as it raises their standard of living and creates jobs. We have regular conversations, do grocery shopping, cook among other things but after three months of sharing space with me, kumar has proposed marriage without considering what my parents would take it?

Do you think its a wise decision, even to date a man bit below social/financial status such as myself.. or should i dissolve the ego to give him permanent space in my life?

i am open to suggestions from experienced members who can also mail me at tararoragems @ g m a i l

Re: Marriage proposal from a male domestic helper

Hello how are you doing Dear Tara ? May I get to know you ? Thanks