Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Infidelity and Money

I am divorcing from a very toxic marriage of 21 years. My wife had an affair with an ex boyfriend who’s married with young children. She came home everyday as this all happened for a several years during work hours and long lunches. This is the kind of thing that could go on forever if you did not find out. This happened shortly after we built a new home so I was stuck in hard place.She went through extremes of hiding it using apps and game play, words with friends, what’s app, Pinger chat,video apps, fake email account that both used.... After confronting her with so much and call logs. I asked are you in love with this guy this is too much. She said
Yes and a while afterward wanted to act like she wanted marriage to work by dragging me to counseling. I said the only way for this to ever work she would have to cut off all ties and all contact. Well she didn’t and was still feeding this guy our business during counseling.
I filed for divorce after that and and finding out that she had liquidated 401k from prior employer and half of current employer in efforts to reduce her assets so that it would appear to be equal or lesser in the event of divorce. She had a check sent to moms address and other withdrawal mistakingly went into our joint account then saw it transferred out. Substantial!
My attorney said she would have to put it back or pay half. She begged me to cancel the divorce. I felt kinda sorry because I did cancelled as staying for kids isn’t always best and we had to pay tax penalties 10k. Well I am that point again and filed for divorce that will be done soon. She liquidated 60k stock and put in into the kids education fund as she was planning again.m. I have lossed weight over the stress. Wish me luck I can’t wait to be free and wished I had ran the first time , what a waste of my life. After all these years I didn’t know this woman at all.

Re: Infidelity and Money

I’ve learned the hard way if you see an out you better take it and run before the situation gets worse because it will!