Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How do I find strength to leave?

I started thinking of divorce when my kids were still kids (they are adults now). The reason I didn't is much the same as yours. And my family kept telling me that I would never make it on my own with 3 kids.

Now divorcing after 40 years and I look back and say, "What do you mean I won't make it on my own? I was on my own back then without being divorced."

I am regretful that I didn't have faith in myself at that time.

Re: How do I find strength to leave?

Honestly I can see how it would be hard to leave a spouse that has struggled with unemployment? For one that is in my opinion a shallow reason to divorce but is becoming a very common occurrence. However, there’s also people that believe you should leave your spouse if they gain 20 pounds but to each is own. Either situation would take a good bit of courage to break a young family up over. Since you didn’t mention any abuse, destructive behaviors or cheating and there’s not a lot of details One can only assume. It almost sounds like you are struggling with the whole “I love you but not in love with you and I think we should see other people” conversation. I must admit, it’s hard to deal with a spouse with employment issues. I gotta assume that you took your ring off and the lack of intimacy and closeness is probably because he feels ashamed. I don’t think there’s an easy way to make this type of decision, best of luck!