Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The only thing that’s stopping me from divorce are my kids

I know exactly how you feel.... unfortunately I’m in the same situation as you are right now. I have two new babies and it breaks my heart into little pieces just thinking about leaving my husband. I wanted them to grow up with a family that’s not broken, but I don’t know how much longer I can keep my patience and try to make things work. I feel like if this keep on, he’s just going to get worst and worst and become someone so nasty, I hardly know who he is. But he hides it real well... so people thinks he’s so nice and that I’m so lucky. I think he’s a psycho... or at least going to be one.

I stayed in a toxic, unsafe situation for a long time trying to protect my kids. Discovered I was married to a stalker, modern-day pedophile and more in 2016. I didn't file for divorce until mid-2018.

I am still in the middle of hell and even moreso are my children. I should have filed sooner.

For what it's worth: My advice is to file as soon as you can. It sucks either way, but waiting only hurt my situation. It gave him two more years to groom my children and hide assets.

It sucks to be without your kids but it does get easier. It doesn't have to be a week on and a week off. It can be 2-2-3-2-2-3 schedule.