Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My divorce and heart break

I have been separated from my husband for 2 years now. Not by choice of my own I would do anything to get him back. He has done some many dirty things to throughout the divorce and I just want him to go to someone with me and fix it. I dont know that I can love anyone like that.

Re: My divorce and heart break

Nicole, please read your post as if a dear friend or relative had written it. Would you want anyone you cared for to feel like they would do anything to fix what this uncaring husband has put them through? Treat yourself as you would treat anyone you cared about & take care of yourself...get out, move on and forget this undeserving man. You are longing for what you thought you had.

That is stellar advice, Nan. I am in the process of a divorce that was initiated out of the blue after 27 years of marriage. I never expected, never wanted it, yet here we are because I can't stop it. I spent months begging him to change his mind and it took me finally getting angry about what he's done for me to stop that behavior. I have three daughters in their early twenties and I would never want them to beg any man to love them.

Hi, Nicole. It is time to move on...your husband is clearly not interested in seeking therapy - it’s been 2 years for you just being strung along; utter shameful manipulation on his part. You’ve had 2 years of grieving! Now, it’s time for you to move on and find your JOY. You will find someone deserving of all the love you have to give. Take care, and have faith...things will change when you are ready.