Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HELP!!!

I had my ex served on august 4th for a custody change and child support. we have been divorced for 4 years and it has been constant chaos with him. his girlfriend is a nurse practitioner and apparently keeps injectable medications and syringes in their home. my 13 year old daughter had a sore throat and an ear ache at his house, they gave her an injection! I did not find out about it until the next day. when my 10 yr old son came back from his dads house he told me he makes him take adult Nyquil liquigels every night he is there. needless to say all of this INFURIATED me. my mother is an RN and she filed a complaint with the alabama board of nursing. I immediately notified my attorney and he acted very nonchalant about it, and told me that he spoke with my exes attorney and they agreed to all modifications and that I should let the kids go back to his house this past weekend. I didn't agree, but this is my first time dealing with this so I did as I was advised. while at his this past weekend, he constantly bashed me, told them things that I had done during our marriage, made up lies that I had filed court orders for things I absolutely haven't, and has just been acting completely insane since his girlfriend was notified of the complaint that was made against her. at 8 Saturday night he went on a long rant with them and made them leave and go to his mothers house. he told them he had to call the police so they didn't need to be there..... I feel like as soon as I told my attorney about the injection and the Nyquil an emergency custody hearing should have happened and a restraining order put in place. I legitimately fear for their physical as well as emotional safety. thanks in advance for any advice! oh and just to add, I have asked my attorney to call me today to discuss this with him.