Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Finding peace and stability

Very sorry to hear what you are going through. Do you have shared custody?

You may also want to consider this book for strength:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1693393220

That author also went through a lot while trying to raise their children through a difficult divorce.

It may be he wants full custody to avoid paying child support. I don't know how old your child is, but I have heard once a child reaches a certain age, they can decide who to live with. I would call the Domestic Violence Hotline and/or women's services center. I would also get a consultation with a Family Lawyer who handles custody. Hopefully he will get tired of all of this and move on. Since he's abusive, you maybe could try for sole custody "in the best interest of the child" if you are eligible. Best wishes.

Dear strong and tired
I'm reaching out because my girl friend is going thru similar situation. She had to flee the country with her daughter because it got so bad. It's like the law is so outdated. How can a woman who obviously feels harrassed and afraid continue to live as though it's normal as though it's ok. Why aren't men held accountable and stopped! Now she lives in fear and she is thinking about changing her name etc! So terrible and yet law enforcement do nothing. Lawyers do nothing. I am trying to connect her with women who are going thru the similar situations. Maybe to gain relatedness, some since of solace. I'm not sure. I'm just tired of it. He gets to continue to be terrible and she has to live in fear! That isnt right! I'm determined to find a way to stop this. Big heart felt blessing to you.