Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lost

So my husband of 2 1\\2 yrs together 15 1/2 years has stated he wants to leave. Things haven't been great for awhile constant arguing and ignoring (ignoring on his part). We have 4 children together and he has a daughter as well. We have been together since highschool 15 and 16 yrs old and he has cheated hence my step daughter who is in the middle of our 4 kids. His infidelity has caused me to just feel worthless and more like a doormat than a wife. But yet my heart is still ripped to shreds. Especially after reading text between him and his bm that were very unsettling to me. Of course it's my fault for going thru his phone and reading things that are not my business (his words). My kids ADORE their dad and I LOVE my step daughter but I'm lost. He is the only man I have been with only boyfriend I have had ever. My heart is torn because I'm tired of feeling unworthy but I love this man. I just need encouraging words.. Feeling Lost in my life.

Re: Lost

Sorry this happened. You deserve better than this. Focus on taking care of yourself and your kids. My ex was out late from the start of our marriage (no infidelity, just strip clubs, etc.). I go to senior yoga and joined a low cost health club after the divorce. Even going for a nature walk with the kids can give you a lift. Have coffee with supportive friends and/or family. Best wishes.

Re: Lost

I'm so sorry for what you are going through! I too met my husband in high school, 21 years ago, but we separated for 4 years after an affair he had then got back together. Now after 9 years reunited he is leaving me again. I can tell you that the 2nd time is no easier than the first but I can also tell you it does get better. It just takes a lot of time and a lot of support.