Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Don’t know where to turn to

Hi, this is really hard for me but I find I can’t talk to my friends about the real reasons behind my separation. I discovered that my husband had been stealing money from his family for the entire 10 years we’ve been together. It only came to light when his father passed away a few months ago. I cannot cope with what he has done and he seems to have no remorse about it. Only sorry he was caught. We only got married in May last year and I feel like our whole relationship has been a lie. We are currently separated but he refuses to accept this is anything mire than me getting it head together and that I’ll be be back once it all blows over. But this is not the man I married. I cannot believe he would do this to his family and I feel like such an idiot for not picking up on this before it all came to light. I still love him and the life we had, but that life was a lie. I just don’t know what to do

Re: Don’t know where to turn to

Hello,

I am very sorry to tell you this, but he is not going to change. This author went through the very same, and worse:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1693393220

Recognize the warning signs now and act. It's very sad that people can be that way, but once you learn of something like that, you start to notice other things that they have been lying about as well. You deserve better than that! Best of luck to you.

Re: Don’t know where to turn to

Autumn: Since you said you are not going back to him, if you want more than just a separation and want a divorce, see a divorce lawyer ASAP. Protect yourself financially so he won't take YOUR money. Get your own bank account and cancel all joint credit cards/dept. store cards if you have them. I would never trust anyone like this. Sorry this happened - it's really shady!