Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How to deal?

Your very welcome! It is in sharing our stories that seems to help the most...to know we are not alone and that others have gone through this and survived. Never feel stupid for having true human emotions! Women seem to be more in touch with emotions than men and that is what makes us special!

Here is a good read that has helped me some:
https://divorcedmoms.com/4-ways-to-deal-with-divorce-when-you-still-love-him/?fbclid=IwAR2_qougvMfHspGcT4dYJo0pigo0jU4XZmM08wP7uQzTpmwZnb3jK7oW9Fw

I've found it is best to take what you need from it and leave the rest. But lots of helpful information there that I wish I had found at an earlier time.
Best wishes to you and hoping we all find the peace and happiness we deserve too!

Wow that article really spoke to me. Thank you for that. I’m so glad I reached out for help and I’m grateful you took the time to listen. Thank again.

Glad the article was useful to you! As said, I wished I had found it at an earlier time as I already "broke a few of the rules" which, in hindsight, made me look bad. Not to say he didn't deserve it, but I learned that I cannot control his choices, but only my own and I've learned to make better choices, to fight for what is mine and what is due to me!

More advice...again, take what you need and leave the rest.
There are divorce lawyers and also "mediation" lawyers who will work with both parties involved to find a mutual agreement. I am new to this, but at a point a "mediation" lawyer might have been a better choice. Consider your circumstances and decide. Do the research.
Also, there are divorce support groups...face to face with others who are going through the same and also for children who are affected. I am looking into several myself, and as scary as it might seem to attend, I am willing to give it a try ASAP! There are so many options/help available. Keep doing the research and reaching out to ask for help!
You/We/I all have this within us! Sending you ~Blessings and keeping you in my thoughts!

I've been down that road. Classic signs of cheating. Divorce him. You're a **** queen and he's not a king.

Momof2: Sorry you are going through this. I recommend getting a Family Lawyer who handles divorce. Sometimes the first visit (consultation) is free. He will probably try to stay at home until the marriage ends in an attempt to ready himself financially and to avoid/prepare to pay child support, which he can do legally if there is no domestic violence and/or if the Lawyers agree. Some people try divorce mediation, but it is not always successful. Make sure you have a child support/visitation agreement/custody agreement in place. Research the laws on these in your State on a reputable web site.