Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help

I’m really confused and don’t have anyone to talk to. I think I want a divorce.
We have been together for 13years. We were young when we first started dating. We have a child together and to be honest I think I’m done. He doesn’t help me with anything and I feel like I’m alone. I take care of the house, our child and even him. I also work part time. I’ve tried talking to him and telling him I need help, I’m over whelmed, I’m struggling but nothing changes. We fight about it often because I snap and lose it. Then it just becomes that I’m annoyed and he won’t talk to me. I’ve tried telling him that I feel like I’m his mum and it’s not attractive and again nothing happens. My husband spends all his time playing video games or in the garage.

I honestly don’t think I can take anymore. I think I’m done.

Re: Help

Maybe you guys need to separate for a little while. Maybe he’ll get his act together & see you are not playing games. If he does set his game up don’t let him move back in right away let him contribute financially first. If the separation don’t work ... then see if divorce is the next step. Every person have their limit on how much crap they will take. Seem like you are pretty close or have reached it! Good luck

Re: Help

Amy: I had a husband like this. When we visited his parents, I saw his mom did it all at home and I was expected to be like her, apparently. Since I'm old school anyway, I didn't mind too much, but it was more difficult when we had a kid (probably should have divorced him before we even decided to have a kid since he was never home). Well, if you do decide to divorce, get a consultation with a Family Lawyer who also handles divorce - go privately and don't tell him about the first visit. It may help you decided whether or not you want to go ahead with filing the divorce papers. It seems he's not mature if all he does is play video games. It was easy for us to divorce because the love was gone - much less emotion involved and our daughter was grown. The guys don't like to part with their money for the most part, so I hope you can get a roommate and/or more hours of work or move in with family if you divorce to help with bills.