Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How to move past this?

Two weeks ago, my husband told me he didn't want to be married anymore. We have been together for 13 years and have two kids. The next two weeks, I fought like hell trying to salvage our relationship to be told that he has been having an affair for 3 months. That he loves this other woman and plans to move her in our house when it's all over.

We are currently still living together (sleeping in separate rooms) for our children. But it is so hard. So hard to see this person who hurt me so bad. To see this person who I thought I knew, but have no idea who he is.

Please tell me it gets better.

Re: How to move past this?

It will take time. It will be emotional roller coaster especially when kids are involved just find something that can keep you grounded during those times... some days will feel impossible while other days will be decent. It’s a sh***y process when the ex already moved I’m experiencing it now. But, don’t view it as a lost nor punish yourself in trying to make it work even for the kids. This is the universe showing you that you deserve better. What is coming for you next will be better than what left. Hang in there & good luck!

It gets better. My ex left me for another woman and it is pretty awful. She was a friend of mine, too. Honestly, I miss her more than him. We were married for 20 years, together for 25, and have 3 kids.

Its been just over 2 years now.

Hugs to you

My divorce became final about 6 weeks ago, after 13-1/2 years of marriage. A few weeks before that, I found out my ex-husband not only has been having an affair, he has a 4-year-old daughter with the woman! I still feel so shocked and betrayed. I'm having a hard time getting over it. I'm so thankful the divorce is final and he is (almost) out of my life! (Just some paperwork to take care of.) Now if I could only stop thinking about how he betrayed me like that. I guess only time will help.