Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Controlling all the money

Part of the emotional abuse has been that he controls all of the money. I stayed home with the kids, we have separate checking accounts, and he’s the “bank”. It’s one of the many reasons I can’t push through living with him any more. We’re currently separated, living in the same house through this month, filing before he leaves. As if all of that is not stressful enough, he’s being more of an ass about money. I’ve been planning to go to my best friend’s party tomorrow, and need gas. I asked for money this morning so I could do everything I need to tomorrow. He took out $100, spent $80, and gave me $20 like he was the almighty savior! Yeah, that’s not enough to get me there and back, let alone lunch because I’ll be out all day, and the pie I was supposed to make to bring.

Why does he have to do this? Then he turns around and tells everyone how awesome he of, and how he doesn’t have a clue why we’re divorcing. Maybe because you’re a controlling ***** who goes out and does whatever he wants, but needs me to account for everything I do and every penny I spend.

Re: Controlling all the money

I hate men