Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Stuck

I’m having a similar feeling. I’ve been with my ex for 6 years. I know I made the right decision because he drank a lot and was an emotional manipulator. He’s very angry at me for leaving and doesn’t talk to me. Although I think I’m making the right decision I do miss the good part of our relationship like watching tv together, cooking together and going to dinner. I wonder too if I’m making a wrong decision. I think it’s so hard to leave the good times behind. I have no children and the loneliness gets to me sometimes. I hope the feeling goes away soon for both of us.

I wish I could say the pain stops but mine hasn’t 4.5 years later. I’m far from being a pro at this so I hope I’m wrong but I don’t believe I will ever be the old me. You can’t just shut love off like a switch. Don’t be angry with yourself for missing him or even “hooking up “with him again. He was your comfort zone and it’s only natural to want to feel that comfort again. The best advise I can give is don’t let depression take over. Stay active, stay social and love yourself.

It does, especially if you know in your ❤ that you've done everything in your power to save the marriage, and it still didn't work out. Pray for guidance.

It does, especially if you know in your ❤ that you've done everything in your power to save the marriage, and it still didn't work out. Pray for guidance.

Read Divorce: Breaking up and Ending an Unhealthy Marriage by K. Connors. Excellent resource. Very practical solutions. Lots of prayer. Occasionally, I include fasting for brief periods of time. After 30 years of marriage, 3 adult children, and 2 affairs that I know of, I'm reclaiming my self-respect and dignity. I feel so empowered. Then again, I've never had a problem going places solo or doing things alone. I view it as a positive thing. Reinventing myself. 🙏

Read Divorce: Breaking up and Ending an Unhealthy Marriage by K. Connors. Excellent resource. Very practical solutions. Lots of prayer. Occasionally, I include fasting for brief periods of time. After 30 years of marriage, 3 adult children, and 2 affairs that I know of, I'm reclaiming my self-respect and dignity. I feel so empowered. Then again, I've never had a problem going places solo or doing things alone. I view it as a positive thing. Reinventing myself. 🙏