Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cohabitation hell

My ex is taking me to court to stop my alimony based on his belief that I’m living with my boyfriend. He does not live with me. He stays over a lot, but has his own place. We share no financial responsibilities. I asked my bf to please start spending more time at his apt leading up to my court date as my ex drives by several times a day to photograph his vehicle at my home. This sent my bf over the edge ( he’s been very supportive to this point) I told him that I could not risk losing my 600.00 monthly support, and possibly be responsible for paying close to $25000.00 in legal fees if the magistrate finds in my exes favor. My bf says I’m putting money before our relationship and that we can’t have a future if I expect to collect support for the next ten years. I love him but I never want to be married or live with anyone again. How do I make him understand that I’m committed to him, but I intend to always live on my own?

Re: Cohabitation hell

Be honest and give him time to process his thoughts

Re: Cohabitation hell

You're giving your ex too much control over your happiness. Let go of the baggage and live your life. Happy that you've been blessed enough to find love again. Don't take it for granted. Move on with your life and don't look back. Take back your control. Your boyfriend sounds like a great guy. Don't make him pay for the mistakes of your ex. Live your life to the fullest. No regrets. 🙏