Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Can't leave, Can't Stay so Now What

Divorce is horrible For everyone . Of course, if he’s inflicting any kind of pain, be it mental or physical, then get out. But, if you have enough love for this man to try counseling and save your marriage, you should give it a try. I divorced after 28 years. It has been 4.5 years of emotional roller coaster. Some days I feel straight up bat**** crazy. There is fear of being alone. It feels a whole lot different making an important decision on your own when you’ve bounced thoughts off your partner for so many years.
Your kids... wow, they are unpredictable. You could get lucky and they don’t get angry with either of you in my case, my only son turned on me ( completely unexpected) he and I were very close. He’s my world and I would do anything for him. now has nothing to do with me.
I would advise you to step back and take a breath. If there is even a shard of hope, you should try to work it out. Divorce is not simple. Starting over is not simple. Starting a new relationship with someone new is not simple. I can’t sugar coat it. Divorce sucks and I wouldn’t wish it in my worst enemy.
I just want to say again, if there is any kind of abuse, please take care of yourself and family and do what best.