Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Falling apart

Have you tried counciling? Hope for you all the best...it's been 13 years and I'm still single...but raised my 18 year old and never looked back...it's been tough but I smile each day when I get up and go to bed. You'll do the same...stay strong and put a great song list together and find a close friend whom you can get advice.

Take care and stay healthy and str
ong...it will get better.

Thank you 🙏🏼 We tried counseling years ago and it did help. At this point he won’t consider going to any type of counseling together or separate. It’s like he woke up and decided He was done and there’s no talking to him about fighting for our marriage. All I want is to keep my marriage together.

I am on Day 4 of the almost same exact situation. It stings any time I think about it and gets overwhelming. I left town with the kids to stay with my parents for a while. I have removed any reminders of him in my social media. To redirect my thoughts, I've been pouring myself into work. Our kids are what makes me hurt the most. They don't understand that when we go back, things will be different with no chance of ever going back to what we were used to. The nights have been most difficult when the distractions from the day are no longer there to occupy my thoughts. I know in my heart I will heal one day at a time, but man, it sucks right now. We can do this!

I’m so sorry to hear anyone else is going through this. I know the pain is unimaginable. It really doesn’t even feel like my life. I’m just going through the motions barely able to function. I just keep praying he will find his way back to me.

I don't want to sound negative or anything but if the other doesn't want counciling then I'm sure there is another person in his life.

My ex didn't want it either and ended up there was someone else.

Music got me through as well as a close friend (and family) but more my close friend.

Make a list of things that you loved before you were together...what ever it maybe then start to do what you loved again. Find yourself again...really, we should never lose ourselves but we tend to when we are in a relationship.

Smile...look in the mirror...be proud or who you are...stand strong. Maybe you made mistakes in the past but we all do.

At the end of the day you have children to love and they will love you.

Do yourself a favour do not date for at least a year. Believe me I didn't for 14 months. Find out who you are...what you don't want is a rebound man and accept someone because you are lonely.

Take your time to find the one. :-) oh, and hug and kiss your kids as much as possible...everyone needs hugs.

Sometimes the drama just isn’t worth t. More than anything your children need a happy mom. You need to reconnect with yourself and figure out what makes you happy outside of him. Once you can do this you can change your mindw t and positively improve your life.

Hey,

Has he ended up coming back? What have you done to be able to cope everyday? I am struggling at the moment... I have two children as well and every time I think about needing to explain what is happening I struggle. All I want to do is for him to say it’s all ok, I shouldn’t have wanted to leave. It won’t happen and I feel delusional. I’m sorry for what you are going through. I find it hard to connect with people and ask for advice when they haven’t gone through it...hence why I’m reaching out.

No. I feel as if things have only gotten worse. He tentatively has agreed to counseling but he says he doesn’t see the point when all he wants is to move on and find someone else. Which is a Stab to my heart. We are still living together due to the coronavirus and he doesn’t really have anywhere to go. He sends me very mixed signals so it’s a struggle. Every day I just try to take my mind off of it. It’s so hard because everything I do reminds me of us. I feel the same way about not really having anyone to talk to. I don’t feel like anyone gets and I feel so alone. I wish I knew what to do. I hope your doing ok. Reach out anytime. I’m here