Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Feeling lost

Well, first of all I’m sorry to hear what has happened to you. I may not know you, but my heart does go out to you. Secondly, you must focus on the reality. To me, outside looking in, the reality is he got depressed and instead of talking to you, as a husband should do with his wife, he decided to seek exterior validation in the form
Of another woman. Now- this doesn’t mean he is gone forever, but you have to truly ask yourself is this someone you want back? You need to think about the life you want to have and what you believe you deserve. Everyone creates their own happiness and no one has power over you unless you let them.

Re: Feeling lost

I'm so sorry, Raquel. I know the struggles you're going through, and the feeling are SOO real. January 2019, my husband told me he had been thinking about divorce for many years. It shocked me. Since then things were never the same. I found out how he felt about me, for real, I couldn't lower myself to try to make things work. I just wish I would have known this earlier in my life! I would have left a long time ago. I'm 48, and I had to start everything new, job, finances, etc. I wouldn't trade that for anything. I should have never sacrificed myself so much for so little. My son is the only reason why I am keeping things civilized, but he's getting to him also. Coronavirus hasn't helped much either, cause courts and housing arrangements. But take courage. Value yourself, cause no one else will do. Get to know who you are, enjoy your own decision making opportunities.

Good luck. Keep writing.