Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Divorce and cusptdy

So my question is about my ex and custody. He currently has a restraining order and a pending domestic charge for assaulting me. It was in front of our kids so he has supervised visitation. I have sole physical custody. He also has documented mental health issues. Also prior to him getting ordered supervised visits, he refused to see the kids for 3 months. Shortly after separating he started dating the girl he cheated on me with. Last month i started seeing someone but it’s very casual. The kids and I went to the park last week and he met me there just to walk with us and his dog. My dad gave me a ton of flack for it but I only said he was a friend to my kids. I have a few guy friends and a few girlfriends. I keep getting told my ex will get ****** off and use it against me bc he heard through the grapevine I went out with this guy. He called up friends asking about him and had his girlfriend try and friend request him on social media. I did not touch my friend and the kids just enjoyed playing with the dog. My ex is practically living with his girlfriend and I’m not putting a stop to him and who he can see but he is very controlling in regards to me. I was told that I basically don’t care about my kids bc I chose to walk at the park and allowed my friend to join us, that I could lose custody of them. My ex doesn’t want full he was 50/50. My lawyer doesn’t think he’s going to get even 50/50. Maybe it wasn’t the smartest thing to do but my divorce will not be over for a long time since he’s refusing to cooperate on anything we’re constantly in court. The current guy I’m dating, we are not publicizing we are dating and keeping it light and casual. The kids had a blast with the dog and the park. They told me it was the best day ever. I didn’t see any harm in them having fun. And this guy has never been at my house when the kids have been there

Re: Divorce and cusptdy

You didn’t do anything wrong. He’s your ex. You have every right to date if you want and it should have no effect or bearing on your custody. Hang in there- it sounds like it was a good decision to divorce him.

Re: Divorce and cusptdy

This shouldn't bother you. You have a new life. If you and your children are happy with your new boyfriend, what could be more important?

When we filed for divorce with my husband, I completely removed him from my life.