Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I dislike my husband immensely and want a divorce, he doesn't!

Coming from someone who is on the opposite end I’m probably not going to tell you what you want to hear. Have you tried counseling? Or Church if you are religious? I’m sorry that you are so unhappy. I have been unhappy in my marriage before and I almost lost it and that would have been a huge mistake. Here we are 4 years later and now my husband says he’s done trying. I’m devastated bc I am so in love with him. We all owe it to our children to make sure we gave our marriage the most effort in the world My parents were divorced and it messed up me and my brother. I’m sorry for you and hope if nothing else my advice makes you consider trying. Marriage isn’t always easy but it can be worth it if you learn how to communicate better with each other.

Only one person has to make the decision for a divorce. He does not have to move out. Why don't you move out?

You can file for divorce, whether he likes it or not. He would be served the papers and that makes it official. What state are you in? Every state has different laws. My husband and I still live in the same house, and I couldn't move out cause j just started to work after 15 years of stay at home mom. I have tried everything. Counseling for our entire married life. Church?? He was a pastor!! I lost my church family and with that, all my friends. Never isolate yourself. If he's the one isolating you, that's abuse. You will need to be able to stand on your own two feet, have your own income and bank account, have your own friends and your own activities. Separation Starts before the papers are filed. Practice Independence before anything. If he doesn't move out, and you can put up with his presence, it's horrible, specially if children are there. Children see the relationship. You will never know what he will tell the kids. My husband told the court he wouldn't talk bad about me to our son, but that lasted less than 2 months. You won't be able to control him. You can only control what you do. Be YOU, take care of YOU and your children. You will not be the best mom you want to be while you're in his presence.

Get away from deceitful people. It's not easy, but I can't imagine living life with him anymore.