Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scared and stuck

Okay I'm not going to go into too much detail and I'm new to this but I have been with my husband for 17 years we've been married for three he's had a history of being physical but that has stop but for the past 12 years or more it's been more controlling of everything I do he times me when I go to the store, I'm not allowed to go to the store alone, I'm not allowed to have friends over, I am on eggshells and pins and needles of everything I do in my house because I don't want him coming home and flipping out on me. we have three children together they just 16 12 & 6 my children have seen the difference between my attitude & my personality from when he's around and when he's not. I tried to hide it the best I can for my children but it's getting to be too much I'm a stay-at-home mom everything is in my name but he is he financial supporter. he does not allow me to have a job, he doesn't let me go back to school, I'm not allowed to take more than five minutes in the bathroom. if I take more than 10 minutes in a shower he starts beating on the door. if I don't lay down and give him sex it starts an argument about that I'm cheating on him. I want to leave but I'm stuck and I'm scared of what his reaction will be. I have stood up to him before and it just makes it worse. if I don't I have relations with him he will not pay the bills and then I'm stuck in a situation where my children are being in danger of not having what they need. I do have a past, where all my children have been taken from me due to an anonymous report saying I was doing drugs but I went to court I prove myself and that I did not do drugs. (mind you it was a drug test a hair follicle test) and I have my children back I spent six months in jail over some unrelated stuff but my question is if I leave if I have or can find a program or assistance to get me out of this can he take my children from me due to my past of recreational use of drugs or would that not be an issue of custody? he also threatened me that if I leave or I make him leave that he will take my kids from me. he refuses to leave my house even though the rent contract is in my name, all the utilities are in my name, all vehicles are in my name. what can I do because a restraining order for someone this controlling and possessive really is not going to help because I would not feel safe in my own home my children, the older ones, he degrades them called them names has even through shoes and hit him in the head. I'm scared! I have no family,my parents both are passed away I am estrange from the rest of my family. I never even knew my family and I am now 38 years old. can someone please help me give me some advice. :cry:

Re: Scared and stuck

Your situation sounds scary. I feel like you new real help to escape this abuse you are enduring. There are Woman’s shelters in all city’s that can help. Please get help. You are being emotionally abused From what it sounds like and that’s not ok. Please be safe and get away.

Re: Scared and stuck

Please seek help and keep a record of everything should you need it. I understand from a friend this app is very helpful https://www.preserved.app/uses. It helps you put everything in order and you can then share with a solicitor or counsellor.

It's important if you feel scared to reach out to someone. Whether its someone in the community, a police officer or friend.