Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seperation

My husband has always been disrespectful to me. Recently I told him if he does not change then I want a separation. We fought about this and he said he wants a separation. Since he told me this he has not talked to me. We both are still living in same house and have been ignoring each other. It makes me sad because ultimately I want our marriage to work. I don’t know if he truly wants a separation because he has not said anything since and refuses to communicate with me. I am so confused. If he wants to separate then why isn’t he talking to me so we can move forward with the separation? Has anyone been in this situation before and if so any advice?

Re: Seperation

Hes still in the home which means he still loves you but does not know how to please you or what youbreally want. It seems you should say sorry for not accepting him the way he is. Also you should be careful not to say things u dont mean when u r angry. U obviously love him and want it to work so say sorry lets figure this out.... A way you can talk to me when you r not angry... Etc.

? No disrespect but what are your thoughts on why she needs to apologize? I may have misunderstood.

I am not in the same situation but maybe similar feelings. Married 15 years and I finally had enough and followed through on a physical separation. Hardest choice I ever have had to make bc I have two young boys. We tried to stay under same roof and we just were ships passing in the night—- until buttons were pushed and we’d have an argument. He was not going to be the one to walk away bc his pride and ultimately belief in the traditional family unit. I was miserable towards the end and just lost my spirit. I made the plunge to find an apartment (was a work from home/stay at home mom) and all of this happened during Covid so it was, in my opinion even more difficult and felt like extra weight on my shoulders. I moved into a nice (as nice and safe area as I could afford and he is contributing $ since I have kids with me most the time etc). But long story short-ish I’m happier even though I don’t think “happy” is the word I’d use. It took guts and was so hard but time is giving me even more strength and clarity.